?Dent Steel is the UK’s leading stockholder of large area quality steel plates and shipbuilding sections and offer specialist services including shot blasting, painting and profiling.
Dent Steel Services (Yorkshire) Ltd specialises in the stocking, supply, processing, shot-blasting and painting of steel for the ship building and ship repairing industries worldwide, both commercial and military. We are also major suppliers to the construction, fabrication, oil and offshore industries.
We have made considerable investment in the installation of a state of the art profiling machine to go alongside our fully automated shot-blasting and painting machine. This specialist machine has the capability of shot-blasting steel to the highest quality surface cleanliness, and painting with all weldable primers (including water based) to the highest tolerance dry film thickness.
In 1987 we were one of the industry leaders in attaining the high standards of Lloyds Register Quality Assured Certification and now hold the latest approval of ISO9001:2000.
The site of our headquarters in Bradford, West Yorkshire covers more than five acres with covered storage of over 150,000 square feet – allowing stock levels in excess of 10,000 tonnes of steel. This facility, coupled with the most up to date lifting equipment, enables us to offer the most efficient handling and distribution service for all our products.
The following services are available in-house:
- Automatic shot-blasting & priming facilities
(Width 4.000 Metres Max)
(Length 2.00 metres min 18.30 metres max)
(Max weight 14 Tonnes)
- All types of primers – including water based & mig-weld friendly weld-through primers.
- ?Plate and section rolling.
- ?Profile and high definition plasma cutting.
- ?Machining by use of 60” + 100” Lumsden Grinders.
- ?CNC and Radial Arm Drilling service including tapping and counter sinking.
- ?Saw Cutting – for steel sections including mitre cutting.
- ?Bundling and Marking, preparation for Export.
Other services available:
- Chemical & Mechanical Testing?(including Tensile, Impact Through Thickness Testing)
- ?Ultra Sonic Testing
- ?Re-certification and Re-classification
We are committed to an on-going program of investment in all areas of our business, maintaining our desire to offer continued improvement in quality and service to our valued customers.
? ? ?? ? ??